Dwayne E. Fernander is a Partner in the Litigation and Dispute Resolution Group in the Freeport Office. He joined the Firm in 2007.
Dwayne has experience in a broad range of litigation matters including admiralty & shipping, arbitration, construction and real estate. Dwayne also works on corporate and commercial disputes, fraud and white collar crime, litigious insurance matters and personal injury cases.
Dwayne has worked on a wide variety of litigious employment matters including disciplinary and discharge matters, layoffs and redundancies, trade union issues, and employment contract disputes.
Dwayne also has keen interest in matters relating to administrative and public law, and has assisted lead counsel in successful applications for relief by way of judicial review.
Recent transactions include:
- Successful settlement of litigious fatal accident claim;
- Assisting lead counsel in successfully defending against a claim asserted by the plaintiff company in connection with a multi-million dollar claim in the Supreme Court arising from alleged defective construction of a water theme feature at a major resort in the Bahamas;
- Assisting in the defense of a major construction company in arbitration where the claimant asserted a multi-million dollar claim for damages arising from defective construction of his home. Damages were claimed in excess of $20 million dollars. The Defendant client was successful in its countersuit;
- Representing a major resort against a multi-million dollar suit filed by former employees;
- Assisting lead counsel in successfully representing a major industrial shipping magnate in the Supreme Court in a multi-million dollar claim commenced by 114 employees for overtime pay; and
- Successfully defending in the Supreme Court, two major companies in personal injury law suits against plaintiffs claiming damages in each instance well in excess of six figures.